We’ve opened our blog to you to make conversation with our players, retailers and the public as convenient as possible. We’re always trying to use the latest technology to expand the ways we communicate and we’re excited to add blogging to the list.
We want the comments and conversation here at our blog to be as open as possible, but there are some ground rules we all have to follow. They start with Mom’s general admonition: Play nice.
- Language, manners: Comments to this blog will be monitored before they are posted. We’ll keep things as open as possible, but comments that include offensive or inappropriate language will not be posted to this blog. We’d love to post your comments, so if you want others to hear what you’re saying, keep it clean.
- The difference between disagreeable and offensive: We will allow comments with which we disagree and opinions that some people may find unpopular or politically incorrect. But we’ll block comments with specific language and phrases that are unnecessary to make the point, such as comments that may be libelous or sexually explicit or involve name-calling.
- No personal attacks permitted: In the interests of fair play, no personal attacks are permitted in this blog’s comments. You can question or argue with the content, but not attack the blogger or any other commenters. The blogger may respond to blog comments.
- Privacy: We won’t make you register or use your real name if you don’t want to, but the Iowa Lottery’s Web site and its blog are considered public domain, so we will provide as much information about our comments section as possible if it is requested. We do require that you enter an e-mail address and complete a CAPCHA in order to comment on this blog.
- Spam: Any comment assumed to be possible spam will be deleted from the lottery’s files and will not be posted on the blog.
- Keep the conversation going: Remember that comments to the Iowa Lottery’s blog are part of an ongoing conversation. A comment that does not add to the conversation, runs off on an inappropriate tangent, or kills the conversation may be blocked from posting.
- Violators blocked: Those who violate these Ground Rules may be blocked from future access and/or comments on this blog.
- Hold Harmless: All comments within this blog are the responsibility of the commenter, not the blog administrator, contributor, editor or author. By submitting a comment to our blog, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold this site, the Iowa Lottery, its employees, the state of Iowa and its representatives harmless from any and all repercussions, damages or liability.